As Rhenus High Tech, we continue to monitor the situation surrounding the Coronavirus very closely and have successfully implemented far-reaching measures to protect our sites and our employees in particular.
In addition, we monitor and reassess the situation on a regular basis and, if necessary, adjust or extend the measures accordingly.
Unfortunately, the situation regarding the spread of the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 and the resulting restrictions in Europe have improved, however they are still in place.
As Rhenus High Tech we are organised in such a way that we are able to maintain operations. The overall restrictions in European countries we operate in do vary and continue to change on a daily basis.
We clearly feel that our customers' efforts to remain able to deliver are increasing. However, due to the far-reaching measures taken by the governments and the authorities, the availability and the possibilities of successfully delivering high tech shipments to the recipients as planned and intended are still challenging.
In Germany we as Rhenus High Tech, will continue to extend our sucessfully established operational set up in June 2020 until further notice:
- We will continue to maintain the regular operation of our network activities and regional distribution during the core week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday). (No operations on Friday).
- During the next weeks we continue to support fixed time deliveries only based on mutual agreement. Delivery times to peripheral areas are also likely to be extended.
- Furthermore, we have been unable to achieve SLA / KPI targets for several weeks now for reasons beyond our control as Rhenus High Tech and have had to suspend them until further notice.
In this way, we will ensure that our customers can rely on us as Rhenus High Tech to provide a reliable service for you and your customers in the field of technical value-added logistics. However, as a precautionary measure, we would like to point out that we reserve the right to make further adjustments depending on further developments, which we are following closely.
In view of the above, we are also actively seeking your assistance:
- Please make sure that the final consignee is in a position to receive the goods and does accepts the consignments.
- Do not assume that every driver carries disposable gloves in unlimited quantities or face masks. In the event that drivers are instructed to wear appropriate protective equipment when entering or leaving your premises or those of your consignees, please have appropriate protective equipment available for the drivers. This is the only way we can achieve the best possible loading space and avoid dead freight.
- Scheduled deliveries: Please coordinate very sensitive deadlines with our customer service teams prior to placing shipment orders.
- Increase of the hygiene standards in our buildings
- Informing our staff about the recommendations and prevention measures of the authorities and the WHO
- In addition, we have arranged our employees to work in the "home office" wherever possible and feasible
- A Citrix environment for extended, location-independent access to our operational systems was implemented
- Internal / external meetings are replaced by Skype calls wherever possible.
- Wherever possible in coordination with customers and suppliers, we replace business trips with virtual meetings.
Operationally, we strive for the following joint actions/guidelines in consultation with our customers:
- As part of our compliance policy, we respect and follow the guidelines submitted by local / regional governments (compliance). Rhenus High Tech's dispatching department keeps an eye on these local guidelines so that it can react to changes at any time.
- A separation of the volumes according to 1 and/or 2 man crew is constantly checked and the tours are planned accordingly (risk reduction in the infection of our driving personnel)
- Our logistics processes, especially in the incoming and outgoing goods area, are currently running smoothly
- Our order processing department will continue to accept your orders
- We have communicated separately to our existing customer base our operational action plan, which will apply from 01 June 2020.